Not being afflicted by being given permission. To be oneself, to paint as/from oneself. To not have a reason. To feel the solution. There is no audience. To ima
gine an audience is to chain the spirit. I know what is right. I need to act on this. Simplicity of intuition. To not attempt to perform. To just make and trust the endeavour. To choose what is right. To paint that which moves me. To have the confidence to be honest. To trust that which I love; nature and people (not all people). Fragility and desperate attempts to control. All interesting to paint.A fear of rejection that once rejected allows one not to fear it anymore. How perverse.
Looking at Michael Borremans...I like his honesty, his skill and his private interests. The paintings seem to amuse him privately. His own joke; the world is tragic and funny.
No comments:
Post a Comment