Sunday, April 01, 2007

The unseen.

Enjoying making a series at the moment. Loose work. Working primarily from found images. It is cathartic and the work is really interesting. No particular perameters that I am paying attention to. Something struck me, making this one, in relation to using paint. It can become stuck trying to become an intention. The need to bring it back, scrape it off, re-work regarding all of my intentions and at the same time, none of them. No perception of where I am heading but stopping when it feels like I have got there. Targets are simple: to paint a picture in a sitting. Gives it urgency and stops the changing of a mind related to a different day and time (everything is different tomorrow). It must all relate to the now, however flimsy or opaque.
There is a need to disregard the last painting. You fall out of love with it, but the mistake is to think you can revive this lost love by re-application. Too many a ruined work...

No comments: